Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Kalua Pork in the Instant Pot



Kalua Pig- Instant Pot
Ingredients:
3-6 bacon slices
3-5 lbs pork roast
1-2 tsp minced garlic (or more to taste)
1 1/2 tsp Red Hawaiian Sea Salt*
1 Cup water
1 Cabbage cored and cut into 6 wedges

Method:
1. Cut up your raw bacon into ‘pieces’ I am not precise, I just rough cut them with cooking scissors. Turn your IP to ‘saute’, and cook your bacon pieces for a few minutes.
2. Cut your pork into equal pieces ( I cut it into fourths if it isn’t frozen, if it is frozen I just throw the whole thing in there), place your pork on top of your cooked bacon
3. Pour in the cup of water.
4. Sprinkle your garlic and salt on top of your roast pieces
5. Close up the IP and set it for 90 minutes
6. Once the pot has depressurized pull out your pork pieces and put in the cabbage wedges, set the IP for 6 minutes, after it’s done do a quick release.
7. Enjoy!
**





Notes:
* I put a pinch and I find it plenty salty, but if I don’t put any I find it a bit tasteless
** I cook up some rice too

No comments:

Post a Comment