Monday, March 23, 2015

Yummy Pina Colada!

I had a real hankering for a pina colada the other day. I wanted one so bad I kept singing Garth Brooks' Two Pina Coloadas "I want one for each hand"




Here is What You Will Need:
1 1/2 Cup Pineapple Chunks (I tried half mango half pineapple and it was really good too!)
1 1/2 Tablespoon Orange Juice Concentrate
1/2 can or 3/4 Cup Coco Lopez Cream of Coconut (this can usually be found in the Hispanic food or alcohol isles at the grocery store
it isn’t alcoholic though)
4-6 Cups of Ice (you can’t have a wimpy blender for this one folks)


1- Pour the whole can of the Coco Lopez into a bowl and mix it with a spoon because the coconut oil and other ingredients separate. I could eat this stuff straight it is SO good!
2-Put the first 3 items in a blender first then top with ice. I used 4 cups the first time I made it and the taste was really strong, the second time I made it I used 5 cups of ice and it was pretty close to perfect. The taste was amazing, just really strong. My vitamix took it like a champ, but my guess is most non vitamix/blentec blenders couldn’t handle this recipe.
3- Taste it, If it is too rich add another cup of ice and blend again. If it is diluted add another chunk of pineapple and a Tablespoon of Coco Lopez and blend again.
This was seriously a tropical island in a cup for me. I loved it! It was too strong for Corbyn, but the rest of the boys liked it so I consider it a mostly win!


No comments:

Post a Comment