Monday, March 23, 2015

Easy Breezy Pizza Dough

Nine days out of the last ten I have felt like pizza, I have only subjected my family to eating it with me three times. I don't mind the home made dough recipe we have already but I wanted one that was a lot faster and this one did the trick! I made up the dough let it sit for five minutes, rolled it out let it sit for five minutes, rubbed a bit of butter and parm cheese on it, stuck it in the oven for ten minutes took it out and put all of our toppings on it. It wasn't pizza hut crust or anything, but it was as good as our dough that takes an hour to rise, so I like it! I will probably use this one from here on out unless we have company. Cheers!




Here is what you will need:


1 (.25 ounce) package active dry Yeast (2 ¼ tsp)
1 teaspoon White Sugar
1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
2 1/2 cups Bread Flour (or AP)
1-1   ½ teaspoons Italian Seasoning
½ teaspoon Garlic Salt
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
½ teaspoon Salt

To Make:

1. Preheat oven to 350. (you can bump it up to 400, but I like a chewier crust that is well cooked) Attach dough hook to your mixer Mix yeast, sugar and warm water let sit for about ten minutes (yeast should be nice and foamy)

2. Add all other ingredients. Mix/ knead for 6-10 minutes. Let rest for five minutes, then roll out into your desired pizza shape. We like circles, but when we are feeling cray cray we can handle a rectangle, ha ha!

3. Either glaze with butter and parm cheese or place directly into the oven for 10 minutes.

4. Take out of the oven place desired sauce and toppings on then stick it back in the oven for 20-30 minutes. Mine only needed 20 minutes, it will probably depend on how many toppings you have.


5. ‘A Lovely Cheese Pizza, Just for Me’ “Keep the Change You Filthy Animal!”

No comments:

Post a Comment