Sunday, March 1, 2015

Ginger Snaps

I LOVE Ginger Snaps, but for my finiky taste buds they are a hit and miss treat. My best friend from high school used to make the best ginger snaps ever, but whenever I tried her recipe it didn't work for me. I like my ginger snaps not to snap, ha ha! I like them soft and chewy and this recipe totally nails it! You can't leave the cookies out in the air or they wont be as soft, so keep them in an air tight container if you want them to stay soft and chewy longer! Enjoy! Writing this out makes me want to make them and eat them again, dang it!


What You Will Need:

1 C Sugar
1/4 C Molasses
3/4 C Oil
2 Eggs
3 C Flour
2 tsp Baking Soda
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Cloves
1 tsp Ginger
1/2 tsp Salt

Preheat oven to 375. In a mixer (unless you are awesome and hardcore and do it by hand), mix sugar, molasses, oil, and eggs until combined. Combine all dry ingredients together in a bowl and slowly combine everything together. Using a cookie scoop ( to make the cookies even) scoop out dough, roll into a ball and coat with white sugar. Lightly press down on a cookie sheet. (I used the bottom of a flat glass cup). Bake 8-10 minutes. Yum!

The handsome Ginger eating his Ginger Snap! 


No comments:

Post a Comment