Sunday, March 1, 2015

Kashina's Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie

I always try to be healthy, but sometimes I try harder. This last week I was running a lot and eating a lot of greens, but my body was telling me it needed some protein. Meat didn't sound good, nor did eating a handful of nuts, so I decided to try a peanut butter smoothie! Delish! I want one right now thinking about it... I probably will go and make one! The kids loved it, Todd loved it, and I loved it, three very hard groups to please! We tried it again with bananas... no go. The kids and I didn't like it with bananas at all so keep the bananas out.
Todd drinks a carnation supliment drink for breakfast every morning so that is what I used for our 'chocolate' part you could probably use any kind of chocolate drink powder or syrup... or if you are hardcore healthy use some dark chocolate chunks... or leave out the chocolate (*cough* crazy person *cough*) up to you!

Here's What You Will Need:
1 1/2 C Almond Milk
1 1/2 C 1% Milk
2 pkgs Carnation Chocolate Drink Mix
1/2 C Peanut Butter (mmmmmm)
1 tsp Vanilla
2-4 C ice (depending on how thick you like it)

Place all ingredients in the Vitamix in the order listed. Blend... Enjoy

This makes enough for all five of us to have LOTS! My guess is about 4 large adult servings.

NO bananas... Ok try bananas in it, AFTER you have tried it normal... not as good huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment