Sunday, January 26, 2014

Kashina's Tater Tot Casserole

I don't call it 'Kashina's' because I necessarily love the dish, more because it is a mess of things I threw together when I couldn't find the original recipe three weeks after deciding I was going to make it. Todd really liked it though.



Tater Tots (I didn't measure, just enough to cover the bottom of the dish twice)
1 lbs Ground Beef
1/2 C Onion, diced
1 Can Corn
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup (I am sure you could use any cream soup)
3/4 C Milk

Cheese to sprinkle on top

Preheat oven via instructions for tater tots, mine was 400 degrees. Brown hamburger with onion, drain. Drain corn and add to hamburger, add can of soup then add milk. (I actually just filled the can to 3/4 full). Stir together on low heat until milk is fully incorporated and mixture is warm to hot. Place a layer of tater tots in a 9x9 or 9x13 baking dish (you will have extra meat if you use a 9x9) then place a layer of meat mixture, then top with another layer of tots. Place in oven, uncovered for 22-24 minutes. Take out of oven cover with as much or as little cheese as you like, place it back in until cheese is melted and bubbly. Around 10 minutes. Enjoy. Kind of a fast food approach to a shepherds pie. You could probably add a layer of tender carrots in there to make it more Shepherd pie-ish.



No comments:

Post a Comment