Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Grandma Stone's Hot Fudge

Growing up Grandma Stone always had a jar of chocolate fudge on hand. My dad would be uber unimpressed if we got there and there wasn't any chocolate for his ice cream. The recipe is really simple and one of two of hers that I am going to try. I LOVED this recipe and the only thing I changed was the chocolate, I like milk chocolate instead of semi-sweet. Todd wouldn't try it, Corbyn didn't like it (which I thought was odd, my chocoholic little guy didn't like it??), and Kason loved it! So we are about 50/50 at our house.

Ingredients
1 ½ Cups Sugar
2 Cups Heavy Cream
5 Squares of Semi Sweet Bakers Chocolate (I used 5oz of milk chocolate)
pinch of salt

Method
Cook on high until everything is dissolved, then turn heat down to medium and stir while boiling for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.  (Mine didn't thinken up until I took it off the heat). You can either enjoy this warm, or put it in a mason jar and keep it in the fridge. Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment