Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Canadian Eat-More Bars

While I was in Canada this last time I asked my Grandma Stone for her hot fudge recipe for ice cream. While I was at her house she couldn't find it, but she was sure that she hadn't thrown it away, so she gave me her recipe box and told me I could go through it! I found SO many treasures in that little silver box! I HAD to try this one first!

REAL Canadian Eat-More Bars

In a medium sized sauce pan melt:
1 C Chocolate Chips (I used milk chocolate, and they were a bit lighter than real Canadian Eatmores but                                          they still tasted super good!)
½ C Honey
Stir over low-medium heat (don’t burn your chocolate chips) until all chocolate chips are melted and mixed in with honey.

Melt in:
½ C Peanut Butter

Then add dry ingredients (I had pre mixed them into a small bowl for easy mixing in the sauce pan)
¼ C Roasted Sunflower Seeds
½ C Crushed Peanuts
½ C Wheat Germ 

Simmer until all ingredients are mixed. I simmered mine for about four minutes, stirring the entire time, and they turned out great! The longer you simmer the harder they will be! Place on a cookie sheet and roll out. Wait for them to cool a little bit, and then cut. I placed mine on wax paper and the wax paper stuck to them, so I would either do it straight on my cookie sheet next time or spray my wax paper with a bit of Olive Oil. ENJOY these!

No comments:

Post a Comment