Saturday, November 25, 2023

Karla’s Salsa

 



Lots of Tomatoes (I buy a mix of Roma/ hot house if I don’t have fresh)
1 Yellow Onion
1 Bunch of Cilantro 
1 Can Stewed Tomatoes 
Jarred Jalapeños to taste

Chop tomatoes, onions and cilantro. I use my julienne chopper to make the chopping go faster. Then in the blender I blend the can of stewed tomatoes and jalapeños. I don’t do too many for me, and lots for Todd. Add it to the tomato, onion, cilantro mix. Add salt and pepper and let the flavors meld in the fridge overnight. Karla’s is always way too hot for me. This is a nice substitute, but I know hers is way better! 


Notes from Karla:

I cut up tomatoes, onions and cilantro. Then I blend up stewed tomatoes with pickled jalapeños.

With the jalapeños just add as many as you want depending on the spiciness you want. Then add salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment