Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Coconut Caramel Popcorn

Growing up I hated the taste of coconut, I could taste it in anything even if it was a very small amount. With each pregnancy my love of coconut grows, this last pregnancy being the strongest. I have tried a peach coconut smoothie, coconut cookies, and coconut popcorn all in the last three days, although (sadly) the first two didn't make it to the blog the popcorn is amazballs!!! 

I looked at quite a few recipes to get to this one. So it may be jumbled all together, sorry! 

Ingredients 

8 C Popped Popcorn

3/4 C Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt (I just sprinkled in one shake)
6 TBsp Butter
3 TBsp Light Corn Syrup

1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Coconut Extract
1 1/2 C Toasted Coconut

1. After your popcorn is popped, grease a cookie sheet, and turn your oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.

2. Bring sugar, salt, butter and light corn syrup to a boil. Let boil for 1-2 minutes. 

3. Take mixture off of the heat and add baking soda, coconut extract, and toasted coconut to mixture.

4. Pour coconut mixture over popcorn. Pour popcorn mixture onto well greased cookie sheet. 

5. Place in oven for 6-7 minutes, take popcorn out and stir, then place back in oven for another 6-7 minutes. Take out, let cool... if you can... enjoy! YUMMERS!


I also tried it on puffed corn... I could taste the butter too strongly, but if you like the taste of butter and coconut, try it out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment