Saturday, March 19, 2016

Butterbeer


Ever since Todd and I went to Orlando and tried legit Butterbeer from Universal Studios we have been craving it ever since. The real deal is AMAZING stuff, this will get us by until I either find a better recipe or we get to go back. 

I actually looked through a bunch of different recipes and none of them used caramel sauce they all just used butterscotch, and I am not a huge fan of the taste of butterscotch, but I loved the Harry Potter World butterbeer,and I didn't think it had an over powering butterscotch taste to it, I thought it had a warmer caramelish taste to it,  so I decided to add a bit of caramel sauce as well, and I thought it was closer to the taste. 

We aren't huge soda/sugar fans here so the recipe only makes enough for two 

Butterbeer:
3 C Cream Soda 
2-3 Table spoons Butterscotch Ice Cream Topping
1-2 Table Spoons Caramel Ice Cream Topping

Mix all ingredients and place half in freezer (I used ice trays, and dixie cups) and half in the fridge. After ice is hard place cubes into blender, use the stuff you had in the fridge to help give it the 'Canadian slurpee' texture. 


Froth
This isn't what the froth in universal was like, but it did taste pretty good! This makes a lot you could probably half it for the two drinks, but we ate the extras

1 C Heavy Whipping Cream
1/2 C- 1 C Marshmallow Cream
2 Table Spoons Butterscotch Ice Cream Topping
1 Table Spoon Caramel Ice Cream Topping

Mix marshmallow cream, butterscotch topping, caramel topping together first, after they have a smooth consistency (that mallow cream is tough stuff) mix in the whipping cream. Mix until you have soft peaks. Top your butterbeer with the froth... yum!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment