Friday, March 28, 2014

Momma Roe's Sunday Casserole



This recipe is a very 'technical' recipe...not! This is basically what ever veggie you have around add it to the crock pot, type of recipe. I grew up on this casserole. I swear my mom made it nearly every Sunday. I hated it as a kid, but thought I would be a nice wife and make it for Todd, he liked it and I even liked it! The veggies were soft enough for my brace face teeth!

Ingredients
1 lbs Ground Beef 
1/2 Large Onion (chopped)
Carrots (I used frozen)
Potatoes (peeled and sliced)
Corn (frozen)
Peas (frozen)
Cheese
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup (with milk/water added) Mom says she has used cream of chicken but she waters it down a bit more because it is so salty

Directions:
Brown ground beef with onion. Set aside. In a small bowl mix your milk/water with your can of soup. 
In crockpot add a layer of soup, then hamburger, then carrots, then corn, then peas, then potatoes, then repeat. Add whatever soup you have left over the whole casserole. Turn crockpot on low for 4-5 hours. Where there is about an hour left sprinkle a layer of cheese (or not) on top. 


 Don't mind our weird cheese, I think it froze in the fridge or something, it melted all funny. 
But it still tasted good! 


No comments:

Post a Comment