Friday, March 27, 2020

Momma Roe's Spaghetti Sauce

The joy of getting a recipe from an Italian is there are rarely exact measurements and each time you make the dish, it turns out different. Kaleen and I had mom tell us what she puts in her sauce. Her sauce is still always better than anything I have ever made, but my kids will eat it when I make it her way so I consider that a win.

Ingredients:
1 lbs Ground Beef
1/4 Onion chopped (optional, I don't put this in as my kids don't like the sauce when I do)
1 Can TRADITIONAL HUNTS Tomato Sauce
1/2 Cup Water (more as needed)
1 tsp Sugar
Salt and Pepper to taste


Method:
* Brown ground beef and onion together, drain
* Empty can of tomato sauce and water into medium size pot, add ground beef mixture
* add sugar and salt and pepper to taste, I am a pretty firm believer in people seasoning their own food, because I like my food pretty bland and Todd likes it really flavorful. So I add two or three shakes of the salt and pepper and then I let Todd add his own spices (aka hot sauce)
* Cook it all day on the stove OR
* Put it in the Instant Pot for 15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment