Saturday, March 4, 2017

Grandma Stone/Secretan's Raisin Cookies



I feel a bit cheated finding out about the recipe of these cookies.
Every year for Christmas Dad would ask Grandma Stone for a bucket of these cookies, and every year she filled a huge bucket of these for him. They would sit in our deep freeze tempting me for weeks. I would sneak them and eat them in the bathroom, but because I didn’t like raisins I would pull out the raisins and throw them in the garbage, I was busted every time! Well, I thought they were some secret family recipe, turns out they are, just not our family! They were my best friend, Karmyn’s Grandma’s recipe!! They are so good, and I now like the raisins in them!!! These are super yummy! I always have to plan on giving them away because I will literally eat them all!

Stuff You Will Need
2 Cups Raisins
1 Cup Water
1 Cup Butter
2 Cups Sugar
3 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
1 Cup Chopped Nuts
4 Cups Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
1 ½ tsp Cinnamon
1 ¼ tsp Nutmeg
1 ¼ tsp Allspice

Method
Combine raisins and water, boil for 5 minutes. Cool. Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, and beat well. Add vanilla, cooked raisin mixture and nuts. Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Add raisin mixture and blend. Drop by teaspoonsful onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment