Sunday, September 16, 2012

Get Up and Gogi

This is as close as the Mr. and I have gotten to our favorite smoothie, down at Tropical Smoothie, it isn't exact but it is pretty good, nevertheless.


3 C Ice
1 1/2 C Frozen peaches
1 1/2 Bananas (I freeze our bananas when I can tell they aren't going to get eaten, so we add frozen bananas)
1 1/2- 2 C Orange Juice not from concentrate
1/2 C Peach Yogurt
1 C Vanilla Yogurt
2 Tbsp Gogi berries soaking in 1/2 C water

Place it all in the blender and blend until you like the consistency. If it is a little thick I will add milk or water (depending on how closely I am watching the Cals) until I get the consistency I like.

Makes enough for me, lots for Todd and enough for the boys left over, no idea how many servings parse. 

 With the Gogi berries, if I have forgotten to soak them overnight or even forgot to soak them for a few hours, I will pop them into the microwave until they are soft (about 30 seconds).


No comments:

Post a Comment