Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Aunt Shirley's Toffee


Writing this up makes me a little sad. The first time I wrote this up Aunt Shirley was still making these toffees every year for everyone… she is now gone. These are amazing! 

She actually wrote out the recipe for me at my wedding shower. ❤️

1 C Butter

1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk

1 C Light Corn Syrup (Karo/Lily)

2 1/4 C Brown Sugar


1 tsp Vanilla


Melt butter and other ingredients, cook on medium heat stirring CONSTANTLY. Cook until medium to hard ball, add 1 tsp of vanilla. Pour into a greased pan. Cut and wrap. 


Notes: 

I let the sugar mixture get to 243 degrees and the toffee consistency turned out perfectly.

I greased a cookie sheet so that the toffees would come out easier, however my standard sized cookie sheet was too big for this recipe, so I propped up the sheet a bit to make at least some of the toffees thicker. Next time I’ll use a smaller sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment