Sunday, February 22, 2015

Lasagna Soup

Anyone who knows me, knows that my absolute favorite dish is my Momma's Lasagna. When I saw that there was such a thing as 'Lasagna Soup' I knew I had to try it! We were not disappointed! I should probably only make this in the Fall/Winter but I know I will probably make it year round! Enjoy!
One of the blogs I read started with ‘here is what you need', instead of ingredients... I liked it! If I remember to I am going to use that from here on out

Here is what you need: Serves 6-8
1 lb ground beef (raw)
3 cups of beef broth
4-5 cloves of garlic, minced
1 TB dried parsley
1 TB dried basil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1, 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
1, 6oz can of tomato paste
1 cup V8 (or any vegetable drink)
2 cups uncooked shell pasta
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup of water
top with shredded cheese if wanted

1. First mix together the can of tomatoes, and tomato paste in crockpot.

2. Next add broth, beef, garlic, parsley, basil, onion, V8 and salt/pepper.

3. Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours or on HIGH for 4-5 hours.

4. When 30 minutes are left of cook time, add in the 1 cup of water and noodles. Stir to combine. Put lid back on and continue cooking for 30 minutes.

NOTE: If you brown your hamburger you can whip this up in a couple of hours if wanted. Just make sure everything in the crockpot is nice and hot, half hour before you want to eat add your noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment