Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Kaleen's Pumpkin Cookies



I love all things pumpkin, and these are total yum! I even baked up the dough as doughnuts too! Super yum!



2 cup sugar
2 cup butter 
-thoroughly cream together 

1 16oz pumpkin (about 2 cups) 
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla 
Add next and beat well
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp allspice
(Do a heaping tsp/1/2 tsp of all your spices)
4 cups flour
Add all dry ingredients and mix again

*optional*
2 cup raisins 
1 cup nuts 

Scoop doing into rounded teaspoon onto greased pan and bake @350 for 12-15 mins. Until tooth pick comes clean. It's suppose to be soft like a cake so don't over bake


Icing ****
1/2 butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 milk
Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute and let cook slightly. Add 1 tsp vanilla and keep adding small amounts of icing sugar while whisking to the right consistency.  Pour loonie size of icing onto slightly warm cookie


*** Notes: I tried these with chocolate chips and I didn't like them as much as I liked them with just nuts or plain! I made my own cream cheese icing  and they were delish!

Cream Cheese Icing
1 8oz Cream Cheese
2-3 Tbsp Butter
Powder Sugar Add until you like the consistency and taste. 
Milk added by the tsp to get the consistency you like if it's a bit thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment