Sunday, June 1, 2014

Get Up and Goji

When T and I lived in Vegas, we frequented the Tropical Smoothie there by our place, probably more than we should. By far our favorite smoothie there was the 'Get Up and Goji' it was SO good. Since I got the Vitamix last week, I really wanted to try and make a smoothie as close as possible. Although we don't have a Tropical Smoothie close to our place to compare, the whole family really really like this smoothie, SCORE!



Ingredients:
1/2- 3/4 C Vanilla Yogurt
1 Orange Peeled (but keep the good white stuff on)
1/2 of a Circle of Fresh Pineapple *
1-2 TBsp of Goji Berries 'bloomed' in 1/2 C of Water**
1/4 of a Banana
2-3 C Ice
1-2 TBsp Chia Seeds (optional)

Place ingredients into blender in the order they apear in ingredients list. Blend as you normally would. Enjoy!!! So yummy!

Note: you can forgo the Goji berries and the smoothie would still be super yummy, but I think they are what make this smoothie seriously AMAZING!

NOTE TO MYSELF: Try Peaches instead of Pineapple next time!
* I cut the pinapple into circles about an inch think, and then I peel them and cut them in half. You don't need to cut out the core for the Vitamix, how great is that?
** I am sure the vitamix could handle them in their dry state. I 'bloom' the goji berries by putting them into the water a half hour to an hour before I am going to blend (or overnight) if you forgot and are pressed for time and still want them in your smoothie you can stick them in the microwave for 20-50 seconds to bloom them faster, I just really don't like using the microwave if I can help it.


No comments:

Post a Comment